– Tabbed browsing: pressing-and-holding a link lets you open it in a new tab, allowing you to keep reading the current article without losing your place, and switch to the new tab when you’re ready.
– Link previews: Tapping on a link shows a preview of the linked article, giving you a chance to get the gist of the link without losing your place in the article you’re reading.
– Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
– Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
– Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
– Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
– Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don’t have a data connection
– Nearby: learn more about what’s around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
– Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language, either by changing the language of the current article, or changing your preferred search language while searching.
– Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
– Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press “More”, then “About the Wikipedia app”, then “Send app feedback”.
|* Added share-a-fact support for Android Marshmallow devices.
* Show cached or saved version of an article, if possible, when not connected to the Internet.
* Images saved to external storage are saved in a separate Wikipedia Images folder.
* Fixed possible crashes upon launch for certain devices.
* Fixed occasional flickering on some devices.
* Added donation link to navigation drawer.
* Several minor design enhancements.
|4.3 MB||Nov 17, 2015||2.1.134-r-2015-11-12